Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Does Your Horse Earn its Keep?

The answer to this question varies depending on whom you ask.  Some people will not own a horse that can not be utilized in some manner, like riding or driving.  To me personally, if I found out today that I could never ride again, I would still keep my two mares.  Why?  Because to me, the couple of hundred dollars that I spend a month on them is worth the time I spend out at the barn simply being there.  The horses are the one thing in my life where I am completely stress free, and that makes them worth it to me.

So, regardless of what anyone else thinks of your horse(s), it's what you think that matters.  So, do your horses earn their keep?

Good luck, happy trails, stay safe, and God bless you and yours.

Until next time,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment