Tuesday, March 06, 2012

My life with horses, and what it has taught me.

My life with horses has taught me many things, the first and foremost is patience.  That is the most important thing with dealing with horses, along with feel, sensitivity, and timing.  As well as paying alertness, or attention to most of us.  The paying alertness is a long story, that I may share one of these days, with permission of one of my cousins, of course.

I have spent the last 22 years, as of right now learning and seeking knowledge about horses.  I know that my pursuit of knowledge where horses are concerned will never be over, but that will not keep me from seeking it all the same.  For the most part, I have always trained barrel and pole horses, but I also train Western Pleasure, and Reining, though not for showing purposes.  I train the other two disciplines as a means to further my horses training, and improve their ability to perform their actual jobs.

This is just the first of many posts to come, I am sure, but for now it is enough.

So, until later, 
Lisa


1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa,
    I got your comment about my Chance story and tried to reply that night but Google wouldn't take it unless I logged in and had an accout. I didn't feel like doing that the other night so nothing posted. Now, today, I realize I have a Google acct and can post. Computers...geez. Anyway, all that said I just want to acknowledge your nice comment and say I look forward to reading your posts.
    I have saved your site to my "horse links" so I don't have to go through HS and find you in all the posts. Godd luck and happy reading, writing, and riding. :)
    Lisa G

    ReplyDelete