Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Thoughts running through my head

Last night I sat up thinking about everything that I could cover on this blog, and I ended up with a list that is three, maybe four pages long; but I skipped lines between each subject, so it really isn't that bad.  I am a big planner of things to come, for every thing from home life to barn life.  It's the only way that I can manage my time accordingly.  I'm tempted to publish the list, in the order that I thought of them, not the actual order that I will cover each subject.  I guess it would be a good idea to solicit feedback of what I should cover first, or in addition to each subject.

So, here is my list of topics that I would love to cover on here:

  1. Leg protection
  2. Importance of saddle fit, for horse and rider
  3. Proper bit use, and proper bitting techniques
  4. How horses were intended to live
  5. The importance of nutrition in performance
  6. The importance of variety in training
  7. How to get a truly shiny coat
  8. Barefoot vs. shod
  9. Rain Rot, how to prevent and treat
  10. How to grow out manes and tails
  11. The importance of grooming
  12. Toxic Plants (possibly a weekly posts)
  13. Ground work techniques
  14. Proud flesh, how to prevent and treat
  15. Fly control
  16. Rehabbing the physically abused horse
  17. Putting weight on a neglected horse
  18. Cheap feed vs. expensive feed, is cheap feed actually cheaper?
  19. The true cost of a free horse
  20. Horse slaughter in the US
  21. Are horses companion animals or livestock?
  22. Horse meat for human consumption.
  23. Supplements
  24. Natural Horsemanship
  25. Can I really afford to buy a horse?
  26. Best fencing for your needs
  27. Hay, how important is it?
  28. Complete feeds vs. regular feeds plus supplements
  29. Importance of rider fitness
  30. Stall kept vs pasture kept
  31. How important is stall size
  32. Wild horses vs domesticated horses
  33. Why horses founder
  34. Why horses colic
  35. Products that I personally use
  36. How I groom the way I do
  37. Horse people, a breed all their own
  38. Knowing when to quit, for the day
  39. Cribbing
  40. Weaving
  41. Wood chewing
  42. Automatic waterers
  43. Automatic feeders
  44. Stall mats
  45. Manure management
  46. Your two best friends, where your horses are concerned
Well, it turned out to be only three pages, but I'm really considering doing number 46 as the first one.

No comments:

Post a Comment